The Hubby and I love Food Network, it is really a battle some weekends to get off the sofa and do something because we get totally sucked in. Yesterday we had soccer games for both boys. Matthew’s first ever. We were so excited and right as we got to the field they were clearing the fields due to lightning, then the rain came and the game was canceled. We decided to run some errands and went to the grocery store. It’s been a while since Daddy has made home-made pasta. I know some people say it’s not worth it but I disagree, it is TOTALLY worth it. We made bacon fettuccine Alfredo, a version of this recipe from theNeeley’s.
The boys loved helping Daddy make the pasta and turning the handle to extrude the pasta
Matthew wouldn’t even wait for us to finish cooking the pasta before he was ready to eat. He said, “This is yummy Daddy this is the best pasta ever.”
I’ll give you the homemade pasta recipe another time but you can make it with store bought for now.
Bacon Fettuccine Alfredo
- 1 package fettuccine noodles
- 1/4 tsp each Kosher salt and Freshly ground black pepper
- 8 slices bacon thinly sliced
- 2 scallions finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 tablespoons finely grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- Put your water on to boil and add in your fettuccine noodles.
- Fry the bacon in a large saucepan, over medium heat, until crisp.
- Remove the bacon with tongs and save for a topping.
- Add the scallions and garlic to the bacon grease and cook till tender, about 2- 3 minutes.
- Add the red pepper, salt and pepper and give them a few stirs.
- Add the heavy cream and simmer until thick, about 4 minutes, be careful not to burn it.
- Finish it off by stirring in the cheese and lemon zest.
- Drain the linguine you cooked and add it into the sauce.
- Carefully toss the pasta in the sauce.
- Serve in a bowl and top with Bacon Bits.
© 2012 Miss Information. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.