Cheesy hash brown casserole is an easy side dish to make for brunches and potluck dinners. It’s inexpensive to make, freezes well, and is always a crowd favorite.
It’s almost Easter and I have been looking for an easy side dish to make for lunch. I decided to try this Cheesy Potato Casserole from Ore-Ida. It is a side dish that is great for kids and adults.
I like to test recipes at home before I take them on a family outing. Let’s face it, I don’t want to be the one everyone talks about later that brought something no one liked!
This recipe was so easy; it took me less than 10 minutes to throw it together. I ended up having a big slice with a salad for lunch. It was creamy and gooey on the inside. The corn flake topping gave it a mouth pleasing crunch. This recipe is going to be great with my Easter favorites ham, deviled eggs, and roasted asparagus.
We are huge potato fans in our house, my kids eat french fries at least twice a week for dinner. The original recipe calls for green onion, but I omitted them in mine. This potato casserole may become a staple in our house. It is great for busy nights when I don’t have much time to cook, and it would be amazing with a beef dish.
To turn this recipe into a main dish, add a protein, such as diced ham or some chopped rotisserie chicken. You can make the casserole ahead of time, baking it just before serving. Or, bake it completely and then freeze it for serving later. Just keep the top covered with aluminum foil and reheat at 350 until it has warmed through, then remove the foil and place it under the broiler to crisp up the cereal topping.
Be sure to add this easy cheesy hash brown casserole recipe to your menu.
- 1 10.5 oz can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 2 Cups Sour Cream
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon Ground black pepper
- 2 Cups Shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 Package 30 oz. Ore-IdaÂ® Shredded Hash Brown Potatoes
- 2 Cups Crushed corn flake cereal this is about 4 cups uncrushed
- 1/4 Cup Butter melted
- Preheat oven to 350Â°F.
- Coat 13x9 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together soup, sour cream, salt and pepper.
- Stir in cheese and hash browns until well mixed.
- Spoon evenly into baking dish.
- In a medium bowl melt your butter in the microwave.
- Mix in your crushed cereal and sprinkle evenly on top of hash brown mixture.
- Bake uncovered for 45 minutes to 1 hour, or until hot and bubbly.
- Allow to rest for 5 minutes before serving.
- Season with additional salt and pepper to taste if desired.
Looking for more easy brunch recipes? Give these a try:
Oven Baked Frittata Breakfast Sandwiches