This chicken and artichoke crock pot lasagna is one of my most requested recipes. It’s creamy filling and offers a great twist on traditional lasagna made in your crockpot. It’s perfect for the family or a special occasion. I’ve made it for holidays, book club, and committee meetings. It’s so easy to make and is what I consider being more of a gourmet slow cooker meal.
I adapted this crock pot lasagna recipe from the Sandra Lee Semi-Homemade Slow Cooker Recipes cookbook. Using Barilla Pasta no-cook lasagna noodles make this super fast to layer, and no precision is needed. It’s layers of gooey cheese, creamy alfredo sauce, spinach, artichokes, chicken, and pesto sauce.
The best part, of course, is that you can put this chicken and artichoke crock pot lasagna in and forget about it.
Just add some garlic bread and a salad and dinner is easy.
Two important notes crockpots vary so check it after 30 minutes, and if it’s not slightly browning on the edges, then you will want to leave it in 10-15 minutes longer. I am a huge fan of the Ninja Slow Cooker it’s the best slow cooker I’ve ever used. You can check out here where I explain what the best crockpot is to buy and why.
If you don’t have a slow cooker or want to cook this in an hour, you can also make this in your favorite lasagna pan if you wish and place it in the oven at 350 degrees for 45 minutes to an hour. Just make sure you cover it with foil until the last 10 minutes of baking, so the cheese on top does not burn.
- Non-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 10 oz package frozen chopped spinach
- 1- 1.5 lbs. ground chicken
- 1 10 oz jar Pesto sauce
- 1 cup frozen chopped onion
- 1 large egg
- 1 15 oz container ricotta cheese
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese or a little more if you like
- 1 6 oz jar artichoke heart pieces drained
- 1 Jar Classico 4 Cheese Alfredo Sauce
- 1 Jar Classico Garlic Alfredo Sauce
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese
- 1 9 oz package of Barilla Lasagna Sheets
- Thaw spinach. Put in a colander and squeeze it with your hands till itâ??s dry.
- If you forgot to thaw the spinach just put it in a bowl and microwave for 6-8 minutes. then proceed.
- Spray your biggest skillet with non-stick spray and place over medium heat. While you are at it spray down the inside of your slow cooker as well.
- Put in your ground chicken and cook it completely and make sure to crumble it up.
- Add the onion and a minute later stir in the pesto.
- Combine completely and set aside.
- In a bowl mix together your beaten egg, ricotta, spinach, artichokes and Parmesan cheese.
- Pour 1/4 cup of sauce (either will do) into the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Break up noodles and put in a layer over the sauce then add another layer of sauce.
- Use 1/3 of the ricotta mixture and dollop it over the noodles
- Spread 1/3 of the chicken mixture on top of that.
- Top with 1 cup of Mozzarella cheese and 1/2 of a jar of sauce.
- Repeat 2 more times and on the top put the remaining 1/4 cup of sauce and cheese.
- Cover your slow cooker and cook on Low for 3 1/2-41/4 hours until noodles are tender.
- Watch your slow cooker some are hotter than others and you will notice the sides start to brown. If you are not careful you might let it cook too long and burn it.
- Turn your cooker off and let it stand for a few minutes then cut and serve!
If you are looking for more crockpot recipes you may want to try these easy slow cooker favorites:
Slow Cooker Tostadas