This crockpot buffalo chicken is juicy, tangy and made with only 3 ingredients it’s an easy crockpot recipe you will be making over and over again.
This post contains affiliate links for your convenience, which cost you no extra but contribute to running this blog.
It has become one of our favorite quick weeknight meals! You can make it with fresh or frozen chicken, and I use Reynolds Slow Cooker Liners in my crockpot for easy cleanup. If you hate cleaning your crockpot, then you MUST try these. They are made with a special heat-resistant material that will hold the heaviest of ingredients without puncturing. They are also BPA-free in case that is something you worry about.
This crockpot buffalo chicken recipe uses only 3 ingredients to start so it’s less than 5 minutes to throw in the crock pot on a busy morning.
I have tried many buffalo wing sauces, and my favorite for making crockpot buffalo chicken is Moores Wing Sauce it’s tangy with just the right amount of heat and not overly salty and it’s also gluten-free. Once the shredded buffalo chicken is ready I put it on a hoagie or slider roll and like to top it with a blue cheese schmear and red onions. If you don’t like blue cheese you can also use your favorite ranch dressing. You may want to spoon some extra juice on so when you eat it you will feel that goodness dripping down your chin and trust me you just won’t care! I swear you won’t be able to eat just one!
- 4-6 fresh or frozen chicken breasts
- 1 bottle 16 oz Moores Buffalo Wing Sauce
- 1 packet of Hidden Valley Ranch Buttermilk Dressing Mix
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Buns or Hoagie rolls of your choice
- Red Onion
- Blue Cheese Crumbles
- Place chicken in the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Pour the Wing Sauce over the chicken.
- Sprinkle the ranch dressing mix over the top.
- Cover and let set slow cook on low for 6 hours
- Remove chicken from slow cooker and shred it with 2 forks. This can also be done in the slow cooker if your's is not non-stick
- Put shredded chicken back in crock pot and drop in 2 tablespoons of unsalted butter
- Cook for an additional 30 minutes to an hour.
- Spoon shredded buffalo chicken on the bottom bun and top with red onion and blue cheese.
Make a big batch of this crockpot buffalo chicken because it freezes well for another meal.
You can use it to make buffalo chicken quesadillas or your favorite buffalo chicken dip. If you also want a great buffalo chicken wing recipe you have to check out Great Chicken Wings and Grill Tips for 4 sauce recipes and how to grill chicken wings.