If you read my blog regularly, you know I love a good slow cooker recipe. Anything that can be made in a crock pot is number one on my list of easy weeknight meals. You are going to love these Slow Cooker Tostadas because they are so easy and so flavorful.
They have a rich deep flavor and you can change the heat on them depending on the salsa you use. This shredded beef filling can also be used for taco’s or beef enchiladas to change it up a bit.
Slow Cooker Tostadas take literally less than 5 minutes to put in your crock pot and with just a few toppings you are on your way to a Mexican sensation everyone will enjoy. I like mine with cheese, sour cream, shredded lettuce, and tomato. A squeeze of lime or fresh avocado is also great if you have it on hand.
- 1 2-4 lb Chuck Roast
- 2 Jars of Salsa your choice I use Pace and like to do one green salsa and one red salsa
- 3 Heaping tablespoons Chili Powder you can add more if you like it spicy
- Tostada or Taco Shells
- Fresh Avocado
- Sour Cream
- Place your chuck roast in the bottom of your slow cooker.
- Pour both jars of Salsa on top of the chuck roast.
- Sprinkle the chili powder on top of the salsa.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours