It’s almost St. Paddy’s day and I wanted something fun and easy to make for my kids. This recipe for marshmallow caramel popcorn or as I call it Pot Of Gold Rainbow Crunch was the perfect solution.
When trying to come up with a fun snack for the boys and I called my friend Mary, who is a great preschool teacher! I wanted to do something like a popcorn and M&M mix and she said how about something golden. So I went on a search and discovered marshmallow caramel which gave it the perfect color. Let’s be honest here anything that even hints at caramel popcorn and I’m sold. I read several recipes for how to make marshmallow caramel and compared them with how to make traditional caramel, This is my version which is easy and comes out perfect. It’s rich and beautiful and has a glimmery shine to it when you make it.
This marshmallow caramel popcorn recipe is made with sea salt popcorn and I’ll dare you to try and not eat it before you get the recipe finished because it’s just that good!
Also, feel free to just dip a spoon in that caramel before you toss it just be careful not to burn your tongue!
Pot of Gold Rainbow Crunch – Marshmallow Caramel Popcorn
- 1 stick or 1/2 cup Unsalted Butter
- 1 cup Brown Sugar
- 3 tablespoons Light Karo Syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon Vanilla
- 2 1/4 cups small Kraft Marshmallows
- 1 package Sea Salt Popcorn from Pop Secret
- 1/4-1/2 cup Regular M&M's candies.
- Pop the popcorn, make sure to get any unpopped kernels out.
- Put butter, brown sugar, light Karo syrup, and Vanilla in a microwavable bowl.
- Place in the microwave for 1 minute then give it a stir. (the butter may not be all melted but that is OK)
- Add 2 1/4 cups of marshmallows.
- Microwave for 11/2 minutes and stir.
- Microwave for 1 minute more remove and stir, if all of the marshmallows are not melted yet trust me keep stirring and they will quickly.
- Toss the caramel into the bowl with the popcorn and stir it up really good (there is a lot of caramel so if you like your's on the less caramel side use 2 bags of popcorn) Toss in your M&M's any color for any holiday will do and give it a final stir
I have to tell you this marshmallow caramel popcorn is like crack!
It was lunchtime when I made this, guess who had an unhealthy lunch today! Maybe I’ll save some for the kids…..maybe not. So here is the sweet and salty Pot of Gold at the end of the Rainbow!
If you would like more Saint Patricks Day Recipe Ideas to see: