It's almost St. Paddy's day and I wanted something fun and easy to make for my kids. This recipe for marshmallow caramel popcorn or as I call it Pot Of Gold Rainbow Crunch was the perfect solution.
This marshmallow caramel popcorn recipe is made with sea salt popcorn and I'll dare you to try and not eat it before you get the recipe finished because it's just that good!
- 1 stick or 1/2 cup Unsalted Butter
- 1 cup Brown Sugar
- 3 tablespoons Light Karo Syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon Vanilla
- 2 1/4 cups small Kraft Marshmallows
- 1 package Sea Salt Popcorn from Pop Secret
- 1/4-1/2 cup Regular M&M's candies.
- Pop the popcorn, make sure to get any unpopped kernels out.
- Put butter, brown sugar, light Karo syrup, and Vanilla in a microwavable bowl.
- Place in the microwave for 1 minute then give it a stir. (the butter may not be all melted but that is OK)
- Add 2 1/4 cups of marshmallows.
- Microwave for 11/2 minutes and stir.
- Microwave for 1 minute more remove and stir, if all of the marshmallows are not melted yet trust me keep stirring and they will quickly.
- Toss the caramel into the bowl with the popcorn and stir it up really good (there is a lot of caramel so if you like your's on the less caramel side use 2 bags of popcorn) Toss in your M&M's any color for any holiday will do and give it a final stir