In the winter, there is nothing better than comfort food and this is one of my families favorites. This crock pot french dip sandwich is warm, cheesy, and dripping with au jus! It just runs down your face and arms and you really don’t care.
Don’t throw away the juice left in the crockpot this is your au jus dip. Pour the juice in a small bowl and dip that big juicy french dip sandwich in it. The warmth of the meat and au jus will melt the cheese and it will put a big smile on your face. If you want to be really bad you can also serve it with a side of mash potatoes or forget the bread altogether and serve the meat and au jus over the mashed potatoes!
I hope you enjoy it!
Crock-Pot French Dip Sandwich
Course: Slow Cooker
- 1 3-4 lb chuck roast you can also use pot roast
- 2 teaspoons Organic Better Than Buillon Beef Base
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon thyme dried
- 1 teaspoon rosemary dried
- 1/2 cup Kikkoman Less Sodium Soy Sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 4-6 cups of water
- Provolone Cheese
- Whole Grain Hoagie Rolls
- Optional but very tasty!
- 1 1/2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 med onion sliced
- Place chuck roast in a slow cooker.
- Mix together in a bowl or large measuring cup the beef base, garlic, thyme, rosemary, pepper and soy sauce.
- Make sure to stir the beef base up good and pour it over the roast.
- Throw in a bay leaf and pour the water over the roast. you want just enough so that it just covers your roast. Cook in the crockpot on low for 6-8 hours.
- Cook for 6-8 hours on low.
- Take the chuck roast out of the slow cooker, save the juice.
- Using 2 forks shred the meat.
- Put meat on a roll and cover with provolone cheese.
- Ladle some of the juice left in the Crockpot in a small bowl and use for dipping.