This french toast bake with eggnog and cranberries is the perfect Christmas casserole. Wait until you see how I used it as a gift!
Christmas is the perfect time for breakfast casseroles and french toast bake is a favorite in our household. I decided this year to go all out and add eggnog and cranberries so it’s the perfect Christmas casserole. Just make it the night before and put it in the fridge so the french bread can soak up all the eggnog goodness! You don’t have to use bourbon in the eggnog if you prefer to make it non alcoholic and it’s just as amazing without the cranberries if you want to make it any other time when cranberries are not in season.
Loaded with fresh tart cranberries and creamy sweet eggnog it’s the perfect french toast bake.
Now how is this the perfect gift? I have parents who are hard to buy for. In fact they’ve told us not to worry about getting them something but there is still that part of me that wants to do something special. Last year my sister came up with the great idea of making them a meal once a month. We alternate months.
We wrapped up a new insulated casserole carrier and a new set of plastic storage containers to give them along with this cute card I made on my computer using PicMonkey. It prints out into a 5 x 4 card or you can print it onto heavy cardstock and cut it out. Download the Card to Print it Here
They said it was one of the best Christmas gifts we’ve ever given them! Over the past few year I’ve taken them some of my favorite recipes like Grilled Greek Yogurt Chicken, Italian Tortellini Soup, and in December I’m taking them this amazing french toast bake with eggnog and cranberries.
This eggnog french toast bake can be topped with a powdered sugar glaze or serve it with warm maple syrup.
- 1 1/2 loafs 1 lb. french bread cut into cubes
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- 6 eggs beaten
- 3 cups of eggnog I use the eggnog from the milk section in my grocery store
- 1/4 cup bourbon optional
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 1/2 tablespoon nutmeg
- In the bottom of a greased 9 x 13 casserole dish spread out bread cubes.
- Scatter fresh cranberries over the bread cubes.
- In a mixing bowl stir whisk eggs.
- Add in eggnog, bourbon, maple syrup, vanilla, brown sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Whisk until fully mixed.
- Pour over bread and cranberries.
- Cover with aluminum foil and place in your refrigerator overnight.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 45 minutes to an hour until the liquid is fully cooked.
- Optional - mix together 1 1/2 cups of powdered sugar with 3-4 tablespoons of mix for a sweet glaze and drizzle it over the baked casserole
This recipe is part of the Handmade Holidays Blog Hop where I’ve joined over 50 bloggers to share with you recipes crafts and decor for the perfect Christmas. It was sponsored by these great companies
You can see all of the great ideas by clicking the links below this photo.
Now it’s time for our giveaway there are 11 prizes each with a minimum value of $50.00!!. Just click the link below to enter.
a Rafflecopter giveaway