Grilled Greek yogurt chicken is a healthy grilled dinner that everyone in the family will love!
Eating healthy can be hard but grilling can make it so much easier. Grilling gives your meats and veggies lots of flavor, with no breading or deep-frying needed. This Greek yogurt chicken is healthy, too. For those who don’t like to eat Greek yogurt on a regular basis, you can’t taste that yogurt is what this chicken is marinated in!
Grilling the perfect chicken breast can be a challenge, because all chicken is not created equal. You want chicken breasts that are even in thickness from one end to the other.
I shared a recipe for french grilled onions recently, sharing with you why I love to grill with Perdue Perfect Portions. They don’t dry out or burn on the outside before the inside is cooked because they are all natural. You can learn more about Perdue, here.
I take out a few Perdue Perfect Portions and remove them from the individually sealed pouches. If I decide to grill all five, keep them in the handy dandy zip top bag they came in and throw my marinade in there. The Greek chicken marinade is an easy mixture of plain Greek yogurt and the juice of one lemon. You can also pour in 1/2 cup of Ken’s Greek Dressing if you want.
Marinate your chicken for at least 6 hours, but overnight is best. When you are ready to grill, remove them from the bag, place onto a platter, then sprinkle with your favorite Greek seasoning. They are now ready for the grill. When your chicken breasts have finished cooking, remove them and cover with tin foil for about 5 minutes, letting the juices settle. While that’s going on, mix together some green onions, chopped tomatoes, and feta cheese. This will top off your yummy grilled Greek yogurt chicken!
I like to serve my grilled Greek yogurt chicken with garlic and herb couscous. Or, you can toss more of the topping in with cooked quinoa and a little of Ken’s Greek Dressing, creating the perfect side dish.
Here’s the grilled Greek yogurt chicken recipe. Enjoy!
- 1 Package Perdue Perfect Portions Chicken Breasts 5 per pack
- 2 cups plain greek yogurt
- 1 Lemon
- 5 tablespoons Cavenders Greek Seasoning
- 1/2 cup green onions tips only
- 1 cup diced Roma tomatoes or grape tomatoes cut in half
- 1 cup feta cheese
- 1/2 cup Kens Greek Salad Dressing optional
- Place the yogurt and juice of 1 lemon in a zip top bag.
- Add the greek salad dressing if desired and mix together by squishing it around.
- Unwrap and place your chicken breasts into the marinade and squish it around so it's all covered.
- Place in the refrigerator for 6 to 24 hours.
- Remove from the bag and grill until they reach an internal temp of 165 degrees.
- Remove from the grill and let sit covered for 5 minutes
- Mix together green onions, tomatoes, feta cheese, and greek salad dressing in a bowl.
- Place chicken on a platter and top with the feta cheese mixture.
Want some more great chicken recipes? Follow Perdue on Pinterest.