Thanks to XFINITY for sponsoring this post to make movie night just got a little sweeter. Movie night will never be the same once you try Elvis Sandwich Popcorn! It’s the perfect blend of salty and sweet and who can resist mixing bacon with popcorn?
Our family loves to watch movies together, and no matter how old you get you are never to old for animated movies. We watch them again and again. Sometimes we make homemade pizza when we watch a movie, but I wanted something special to celebrate Comcast’s purchase of DreamWorks Animation. Why? Well, we’re able to see all of our favorite DreamWorks movies right from the comfort of our sofa on XFINITY! DreamWorks movies like Kung Fu Panda, Shrek, and How to Train Your Dragon are some of our favorites and that means more family movie nights for us which means more time together.
XFINITY’s collaboration with DreamWorks is not just about excellent content, but it’s about looking to the future of entertainment with an innovative spirit and what better way to celebrate than with an innovative popcorn layered with banana chips, bacon, and peanut butter! As a blogger, one of my goals is always to bring my readers innovative recipes, crafts, and tips that will make their lives better and more fun so this gourmet popcorn recipe is my innovation for our family movie nights!
There are many ways to make this popcorn fast and easy you can use microwave popcorn or make it easily in a pot with a little coconut oil and plain old popcorn kernels. I prefer to pop my own so I can control the salt that goes into it. Cook or use leftover bacon or if you are in a hurry get Oscar Mayer Real Bacon Recipe Pieces like I did. Just mix with crushed banana chips and melted Reeses peanut butter chips and you are good to go for this Elvis Sandwich Popcorn that is fit for the king himself!
Elvis Sandwich Gourmet Popcorn Recipe
- 2 bags microwave popcorn or 5 tablespoons coconut or canola oil and 1 cup popcorn kernels
- 1/3 cup bacon pieces
- 1/2 cup chopped banana chips
- 1 cup Reese's peanut butter chips
- 2 tsp shortening
- *Pop popcorn and spread out on a cookie sheet covered with wax paper.
- Scatter bacon and banana chips over popcorn.
- Melt peanut butter chips and shortening in a microwave for one minute. Stir and melt for 15 more seconds at a time until fully melted.
- Drizzle over popcorn and let sit for five minutes until it sets up and break up into a bowl to serve.
- *to make popcorn from fresh kernels place oil in a heavy bottomed pot and heat on medium high. Place 3 kernels into the oil and when they start to pop pour in the rest. Cover and shake the pot back and forth over the heat until the popping stops. Salt as desired.
XFINITY partnered with bloggers like me for this program. As part of this program, I received compensation for my time. They did not tell me what to purchase or what to say about any product mentioned in these posts. XFINITY believes that consumers and bloggers are free to form their own opinions and share them in their own words. XFINITY’s policies align with WOMMA Ethics Code, FTC guidelines, and social media engagement recommendations.