This mouth watering peanut butter bar recipe is richer with dark chocolate but the peanut better is airy and sweet. This is a recipe from my sister that I found in my grandmothers old recipe box and will become a family favorite of yours.
Peanut butter is a favorite in our house whether it’s right out of the jar on a spoon – just don’t double dip please – or on a plain old peanut butter and jelly sandwich. Peanut butter is so versatile when making desserts like I have in the chocolate peanut butter truffles, or these peanut butter sandwich cookies, or even this loaded peanut butter cookie pizza made with leftover Halloween candy. To me there is nothing better than the mixture of peanut butter and velvety rich chocolate but making them with dark chocolate, makes these no bake peanut butter bars a little more decadent and delicious.
This bar recipe is one of the easiest you can make litteraly they come together in less than 5 minutes and you don’t need to heat up the house so they are perfect in the summer when you don’t want to turn on the oven and heat up your house. This dark chocolate peanut butter bar recipe is perfect to take to any event because they will be one of the first things to go. Make extra to have on hand at home when you need a sweet treat. They are delicious frozen and will save for a few months in your freezer if you want to make a big batch to pull out when you need something quick. I prefer to use Jiff Peanut butter, it’s the only brand we by, but you can use your own favorite brand. These bars are really rich so a small 1″ square may be enough and if it’s not then well just eat two or three or the whole pan!
- 1 12 oz. jar peanut butter
- 1 16 oz box powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 1/4 stick melted butter
- 2 large Dark Chocolate Hershey Bars
- Mix together peanut butter, powdered sugar, graham cracker crumbs and butter in a bowl.
- Pat mixture into the bottom of a greased 9 x13 pan.
- Melt Dark Chocolate and spread over the top of the peanut butter mixture with a spatula.
- Refrigerate until chocolate hardens
- Cut into 1" squares