Loaded peanut butter cookie pizza is a sweet treat that is a delicious dessert any time of the year. But with it's bright orange and yellow colors, and the addition of candy, it is especially festive for Halloween!
Hi everyone! It's me, Erin visiting from DelightfulEMade.com, and today I'm sharing one of my all-time loves: chocolate and peanut butter! In full disclosure, I also love chocolate and coconut, chocolate and coffee…and, well pretty much anything with chocolate. So, naturally, this Loaded Peanut Butter Cookie Pizza would be covered with chocolate, and topped with peanut butter candies that make this dessert pizza irresistible!
This Loaded Peanut Butter Cookie pizza is super-easy to make. In fact, its a fantastic way to get your kids into the kitchen and have them help whip up this fun, delicious dessert! The peanut butter cookie base utilizes a store-bought refrigerated cookie dough, that is pretty fool-proof. I used a 14-oz package of peanut butter cookie dough, that I let come to room temperature, which made it really easy to spread onto the pizza pan.
The chocolate “pizza sauce” is simply chocolate chips and creamy peanut butter melted together. Once you have both of these ingredients combined, you spread it on to the baked cookie. It spreads smoothly and beautifully, and makes for the perfect base to sprinkle the candies!
When deciding which candies to top my pizza, I went with my favorites: Reese's Pieces, Hershey bars, Butterfingers and Reese's Peanut Butter cups, keeping with the Peanut Butter-Chocolate theme. (And, I sort of catered to my chocolate-peanut butter love, as well.) 😉 Since its Halloween time, I busted into my Halloween candy stash, and used the snack-size version. I used about 10 fun-sized candies, totally. If you're using regular sized candy bars, you'll just need one of each (four total).
Here's the super-easy recipe and directions to make this fabulous loaded peanut butter cookie pizza:
- 1 14 oz package, refrigerated Peanut Butter Cookie Dough, room temperature
- 1 c. semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 c. creamy peanut butter
- 4 types of candy bars/pieces 9-10 fun sized or 4 regular sized
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spread the room temperature cookie dough on a pizza pan into a 10" circle. Bake dough for 13-15 minutes. Edges will be brown, center will be soft.
- While dough is baking, make the chocolate sauce. In a microwave-safe bowl, melt the chocolate chips at 50% power for 1 minute. Stir, and repeat until chocolate chips are completely melted. Add the peanut butter to the melted chocolate and stir together to combine. Mixture will be smooth. Spread the sauce evenly over the baked cookie.
- Top the pizza with the candies. Chop the candy bars into small pieces, and leave the candy pieces (Reese's pieces) whole. Sprinkle evenly over the pizza. Refrigerate prior to cutting, to let the chocolate set. Enjoy!
As you can see, this Loaded Peanut Butter Cookie Pizza is super easy to make, and even more fun to eat! It's a great way to use up left-over Halloween candy. It's also makes a fantastic classroom treat, and would make a wonderful addition to any bake sale.
If you're a chocolate lover like me, you will absolutely LOVE this dessert pizza. Give it a try and enjoy!
If you liked this, check out some of my other chocolate & peanut butter lover recipes: