Care of Strawberries
- Handle berries gently.
- Protect them from heat and direct sunlight.
- Leave the caps on the berries until after you wash them.
- Do not wash the berries until you are ready to eat them.
- To store your berries for a day or two, cover them and place in refrigerator.
- It’s best to store them only 1 or 2 deep in a shallow container.
- For best flavor after refrigerating, allow strawberries to reach room temperature before serving.
- Always wash berries in cold water. Leave the caps on.
- Do not wash until ready to use.
- Leftover berries? Rinse, cap, and crush. Add sugar or not. Store in freezer bags in freezer. Thaw and use in smoothies, shakes, or over desserts for great fresh flavor! Also, 2 cups of these frozen crushed berries can be used to make a batch of “fresh” jam.
- Strawberry ice cubes are pretty in punch or in a glass of lemonade. Place a whole, unhulled strawberry in each section of an ice cube tray, then fill with mineral water, punch or lemonade and freeze.
© YOUR COPYRIGHT YEAR(S) Miss Information. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.