Roasted Vegetables are one of my favorite side dishes in the fall and all the root veggies are perfect for this method of cooking. They are so easy to make and you can change them up for endless combinations. I always tend to be lazy about side dishes! I just grab salad becuase it’s easy but these roasted root vegetables are just as easier and even my picky eaters like them.
I have used Yukon potatoes, sweet potatoes and parsnips which look like a white carrot today. You can also use regular carrots, butternut squash, onion, beets or garlic. Butternut squash is not my favorite thing to peel so I buy it from Trader Joes already peeled and cubed which is much quicker on busy school nights. Roasting veggies brings out the natural sugars and caramelizes them. They have a savory but sweet taste and are perfect with any protein including beef, lamb, chicken, turkey or pork.
- 2 Sweet Potatoes
- 3 Parsnips these look like white carrots
- 2 baking white potatoes I use baking or Yukon gold
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and Pepper
- Peel and Dice the potatoes.
- Peel and slice the parsnips.
- Throw onto a cookie sheet or into a baking dish and drizzle on the olive oil.
- You can use more if you want but 2 tablespoons should be enough.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper to your liking but I will warn you donâ??t skimp.
- Toss all the veggies around in the olive oil salt and pepper until well coated.
- Place in a 400 degree oven for about 30-45 minutes or until the veggies are fork tender.
- Place in your serving dish and drizzle with a little more olive oil and a dash of salt if you wish, I do!
Yes they really are that easy and are not only perfect for any weeknight meal but are also perfect for holidays!