Mango dessert bars are easy to whip up when you find yourself unprepared and you need that perfect dessert. They are tart, creamy, and refreshing and everyone will love it!
This recipe is sponsored by DOLE® Frozen Fruit to help you solve the challenges life throws in your way. The recipe and life moments are all mine.
Since school started back, my life has taken a turn towards crazy. In addition to work, I'm also our PTA president. This means I'm in charge of school events, volunteers, and fundraising. I'm also preparing to speak at a conference this month so when I realized I had agreed to host our book club I was in a panic over what to have for dessert. You see our book club is more like a dinner and wine club with a little talk about the book thrown in. Since I happen to write a blog with lots of recipes, my friends have come to expect a little more than a pizza and a store bought pie! I know it's the curse of greatness (wink wink).
I decided a makeover of a favorite was in order, and so I headed to the freezer to happily find a beautiful bag of Mango DOLE® Frozen Fruit smiling back at me. With just a few more ingredients I already had I pureed and whipped up these mango dessert bars in the morning, so they were ready for my dinner that evening. Dessert Disaster Averted!
Luckily I keep bags of DOLE® Frozen Fruit in my freezer for my favorite smoothie. With their zip top bag, I just take out whatever I need and close it right back up. I also use it in my wine instead of ice to keep it cold in the summer since it's just the fruit no added sugar. It's quick and easy with no cutting, peeling or mess. Have you ever tried to peel and cut a mango or a pineapple? No thanks!
So here is my book club fresh, homemade and quick mango dessert bars and if you want some other yummy recipes you can make with DOLE® Frozen Fruit just click here! I'd also love for you to leave me a comment and let me know your favorite way to use frozen fruit when you have a disaster day!
- 1 1/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 1 bag mango DOLE® Frozen Fruit if you don't have a high powered blender let it thaw some first
- 1 8 oz. bar cream cheese softened
- 1 16 oz. container of plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup confectioners sugar
- 1 8 oz. container thawed Cool Whip non dairy topping
- Spray an 8 x 8 or 9 x 9 baking dish with nonstick spray.
- In a bowl combine graham cracker crumbs, 1/2 cup sugar and melted butter together.
- Firmly press into the bottom of your baking dish and set aside.
- Pour the bag of mango into a blender or food processor and roughly puree it. You still want a few small chunks of mango in it.
- Take the cream cheese and whip it in your mixer on high for 1 to 2 minutes
- Add pureed mango, Greek yogurt, and confectioners sugar and mix until fully blended.
- Add the cool whip until and mix for about a minute.
- Pour the mixture over the graham cracker crust and smooth out.
- Cover with plastic wrap and put in your freezer for at least 4 hours.
- Remove and let sit on the counter 20 minutes and cut into bars.
It's best to let this sit out on the counter during dinner or for about 20 minutes before serving so it's easier to cut.