I love smoothies for breakfast. They are so easy to throw together and really give me an energy boost. This is the first green smoothie I tried and it was awesome! You don't taste the green ingredient at all! I love using frozen bananas in my smoothies so I'm also going to show you how to freeze bananas and keep them from turning brown.
Before I give you my version of this green smoothie I'm going to show you how to freeze bananas so you can pull out the right amount for your smoothie and keep them from turning brown. When I was at the store I bought 2 bunches of bananas, they ripened really fast and I hated to throw them away. I have tried putting whole bananas in a bag and freezing them, but they tend to turn brown. I was also given the tip to just put the unpeeled banana in the freezer and peel it when ready to use. That was a total pain, it was like peeling a sticker off glass trying to get the peel off. I decided to cut the bananas into slices and spread them on a baking pan covered with parchment
I squeezed on some lemon to prevent browning.
- 1 frozen banana or 12-15 slices
- 1/2 cup frozen pineapple
- 1/2 cup frozen mango
- 2 large handfuls of spinach or kale
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- Put ingredients in your blender in this order:
- Orange Juice
- Frozen banana, pineapple, or mango
- Blend till smooth, if your blender has trouble or get's stuck, just add in a little more orange juice until it starts to move easily.