I took out the paint I used on the walls and painted the first stripe with a sponge roller (Yes I know my roller head is shorter than the roller but we had a ton of rollers in the basement and I wanted to use what we had on hand.
I hung it to dry on my banister to dry for about 35-45 minutes.
After the red dried enough, I painted on the light gray stripe. I used the tape as a measure for the dark grey stripe in between.
In hind site, I would have mixed in some fabric medium with my paint. The fabric started to pucker and draw up a little from the red paint, making taping a little more difficult.
I let it dry and luckily I have a steady hand so I freehanded the last stripe. Then hung them to dry. I was still a little worried about the puckering, but it came out when I ironed them. I still would use fabric medium next time at a ratio of 2:1 paint vs. fabric medium because they are a little stiff.
I hung them up and I am so glad that I did not just wimp out and not do this, I think they really added to the room! I hope you will try to paint curtains now for your home!