This recipe is so easy with Zatarain’s jambalaya mix. It’s got a little bit of spice but not to much for kids. Just add a little of your favorite hot sauce to kick it up a bit. If you want to cook it for a party or football game just put in in your crockpot on warm to keep it heated.
You add the shrimp at the end so it stays tender and doesn’t become rubbery. You will love it and want to make it all year round not just at mardi gras!
- 2 boxes Zatarain's jambalaya mix
- 1 cup additional white rice
- 1 cup water plus the water asked for on the boxes
- 1 14-16 oz can tomato sauce
- 1 1/2 lb cajun sausage
- 1 lg green bell pepper chopped
- 1 lg onion chopped
- 1/2 stalk celery chopped
- 1 lb medium shrimp peeled and deveined
- Chop veggies and cook in stockpot just to release juices.
- Add water and sausage.
- Bring to a Boil.
- Add all rice, box mix, & tomato sauce.
- Add seasoning.
- Follow box directions to finish cooking rice.
- Add shrimp w/ 5-10 min to go and a little salt if needed.
Put in a crock pot to keep warm for a crowd!
You can substitute cooked chicken for the shrimp