Hello there, it's Ang from Juggling Act Mama here with delicious and super Oreo Truffles for you! These things are so stinkin' good that you can't eat just one! This is a classic recipe, but I've upped the ante a little by using dark chocolate candy melts instead of semi-sweet baker's chocolate. Trust me when I tell you that these things will be G-O-N-E before you know it!
They are great for easter or gifts for any season. Package 6 or 8 of these in little boxes from the cake decorating section at your local craft store and tie with a pretty ribbon for a sweet treat. I love how special these Oreo Truffles look presented that way, and yet they're not overly time consuming or difficult to make. You can also change the sprinkles on them for any holiday or special occasion.
- 36 Oreo Cookies crushed fine
- 8 oz cream cheese room temperature
- 16 oz dark chocolate candy melts
- Sprinkles optional
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, combine the crushed cookies with the cream cheese.
- Scoop about 1 tablespoon of the mixture and roll into a ball.
- Set the ball onto the prepared pan.
- Repeat with remaining mixture.
- Working in batches, melt the chocolate according to the directions on the package.
- Dip each ball into the chocolate using a fork, and gently tap off some of the excess chocolate.
- Set it back onto the parchment paper and immediately top with sprinkles if desired.
- Repeat with remaining balls.
- Chill the truffles for 1 hour until the chocolate is firm.
- Store in an airtight container.
If you like making little individual dessert treats like this, before sure to check out my Red Velvet Cake Balls: