This post brought to you by Sargento® Cheese. The content and opinions expressed below are that of Miss Information.
Mexican Chicken Roulades with Green Chilies may be simple to put together, but they are loaded with flavor. Stuffed and smothered with real pepper jack cheese and mild green chilies and served with and easy cilantro lime rice they will become a weeknight staple. As a busy mom, I’m always trying to find ways to have a great dinner with lots of flavor that won’t take a ton of time to put together. If you are like me you are going to love my Mexican Chicken Roulades with Green Chilies. They are dripping with 100% real Pepper Jack Sargento® Sliced Cheese. Can we just talk cheese for a minute? We are huge cheese lovers in our house. Whether it’s with our eggs for breakfast, on our ham sandwiches for lunch or in a dinner recipe it’s one of our main sources of dairy. I know everyone loves a traditional grilled cheese sandwich made American Singles also known as Pasteurized Process Cheese Food (PPCF) but did you know they are only required to contain 51% real cheese? Why would you want to eat cheese that’s not real cheese? Sargento® Sliced Cheese is always 100% real, natural cheese and they have all your favorites. We eat enough processed foods on a weekly basis I at least feel better if I’m using real cheese in my recipes when I cook at home and it tastes better too.
Now that we’ve discussed what real cheese is I’m going to show you this chicken roulade (or roll-up) recipe.
This chicken recipe took less than ten minutes to put together. I use chicken cutlets, which are thinly sliced chicken breasts so I don’t have to pound them out when I’m in a hurry but if it’s been a bad week go ahead and take out your frustration on a few chicken breasts with a mallet. Lay your chicken breast out and put a 1/2 slice of Sargento Pepper Jack Cheese and 1/2 of a green chili. I used canned green chilies that have already been fire roasted and peeled. Roll the chicken around the cheese and green chilies and secure with a toothpick. Lay them in a baking dish squeeze some fresh lime juice over them and sprinkle on a packet of low sodium taco seasoning. It’s that easy. Just bake for 30-40 minutes. Remove the chicken roulades from the oven and top with more Sargento Pepper Jack Cheese Slices. Put them back in the oven for a few more minutes to get the cheese all gooey and melted.
I serve my Mexican Chicken Roulades with Green Chilies with white rice that I added some fresh lime juice and cilantro too.
For more yummy recipes using Sargento 100% Cheese Slices visit them on Facebook and Instagram.
- 8 chicken cutlets or 4 chicken breasts pounded to 1/4 inch and cut in half
- 1 package of Sargento Sliced Pepper Jack Cheese
- 1 can of whole green chilies split in 1/2 reserve liquid
- 1/2 Lime
- 1 packet of reduced salt taco seasoning I used Old El Paso
- Toothpicks or small bamboo skewer
- Optional Side Dish
- 1 cup White Rice cooked per directions
- 1/4 cup Cilantro
- 1 Lime
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Drain juice from the can of green chilies into the bottom of a 9x13 pan.
- Take thin chicken cutlets and lay flat.
- Place 1/2 slice of Sargento pepper jack cheese and 1 piece of green chili in the middle.
- Roll together and secure with a toothpick or small skewer
- Place all of the chicken roulades in your baking pan and sprinkle the packet of taco seasoning over the tops of the roulades.
- Bake in the oven for approximately 40 minutes or until you chicken reaches 160 degrees.
- Remove from the oven and place the rest of your Sargento pepper jack cheese slices on top.
- Return to the oven for 5 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
- Optional Side Dish
- Cook rice per the recommended directions.
- Fluff and squeeze on the juice of one lime.
- Add 1/4 cup chopped cilantro and stir.
If you make the lime cilantro rice also add a few spoonfuls of the pan drippings to it to add even more flavor.