This cole slaw recipe is one of my favorite recipes passed down by my mother. She makes it every holiday. My husband, who is a very picky eater when it comes to vegetables, loves it!
I usually pair this with one of our favorite burgers or BBQ pulled pork. My mother shreds fresh cabbage and carrots herself, however this momma does not usually have time for that so I use a prepackaged cole slaw mix. One other note is the brand of mayonnaise. You have to Use Hellmann’s for this to taste correct. I have tried Kraft and Dukes and event though I use Dukes on everything else, it is NOT the same in this recipe.
Cole Slaw Recipe
Course: Side Dish
- 1 Bag of Fresh Express Cole Slaw Mix
- 1/2 cup of Hellmann's Real Mayonnaise
- 1/2-1 Teaspoon of Salt
- 1/2-1 Teaspoon of Pepper
- Put the cole slaw mix and mayo in a bowl.
- Sprinkle in 1/2 teaspoon of salt and pepper and mix together.
- Taste it. If you feel you need more salt or pepper you can add a little more at a time.
You can adjust the salt and pepper to your taste. I like a lot of pepper so I use a little more than called for above.