We love to cook BBQ Pulled Pork on our Big Green Egg. It is labor intensive and not everyone has a smoker so I am going to show you how you can make a smokey BBQ right in your crockpot or slow cooker. This Hawaiian pulled pork is so juicy and tender. The pineapple adds a little sweet note, but it’s not too much. I guarantee you will get all the smokey flavor you want in a BBQ Sandwich with this crockpot recipe.
This crock pot recipe takes literally 5 minutes to throw together and it will cook all day while you are at the beach, pool or doing things with your kids over the summer. Your husband will love you for it because he won’t have to spend 12-18 hours making his favorite BBQ.
You can serve it with my homemade BBQ sauce or any favorite sauce you buy in the store. Top it with a ring of pineapple or my fresh crunchy coleslaw.
- 3 lb pork shoulder Boston butt
- 2 tbs. liquid smoke
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 8 oz. can crushed pineapple in pineapple juice
- BBQ Sauce
- Pineapple Rings optional
- Rub the outside of your pork shoulder with the liquid smoke.
- Place in your slow cooker and sprinkle with pepper.
- Pour a can of crushed pineapple over it.
- Cook on low for 8 hours.
- Shred the pork and stir together with you favorite BBQ sauce.
- Place on buns and top with a pineapple ring if desired.