*This post contains affiliate links*
A Cricut machine is my my absolute favorite crafting tool. It’s the only crafting tool you will need to do almost everything you want to make! If you’ve never heard of a craft cutter or have been craving one this is the one you need to buy. Why? Because they are the world leader in home die cut machines. They have been doing it for over 50 years and were the innovators of personal die cut machines. I love my original mini but I’m so excited to share with you the Explore! It’s amazing and something you need to have on your Christmas list or if you are looking for someone else that is crafty this is the perfect Crafters Holiday Gift Guide. Let me show you why!
What can you make with a Cricut Explore?
Let’s talk about some of the ways you can use your cricut explore. (this is where you get my pointers on selling this to your spouse or loved one because you really need this machine!)
Using Cricut Iron On you can make great things like this great BBQ Apron, T-shirts for Spirit Wear, and home decor. Instead of buy new you can use an old apron, a plain t-shirt you already have or a plain pillow you really don’t like cause it’s too plain!
Then there’s all the money you will save on making Christmas gifts next year (unless of course you get yours early) by purchasing some Dollar Store mugs and dressing them up like this!
Then there is scrapbook paper or cardstock. You know the 5 million pieces of it and it’s scraps you have laying around from your scrapbooking days? But you know who has time for that anymore! I hate having to spend $5.00 on a greeting card I just use all my old papers and make cards now much cheaper and way more special! Then there is of course PARTIES! Think of all the money you can save using that scrapbook paper and making cute party accessories and decorations like these utensil bags!
Finally ,and no there are tons more ideas, there are Window Clings and Printable labels! You could organize your home so it’s easier for everyone by making these cute spice jars. Make fun holiday window clings with the kids or those crazy people for your car window everyone has these days.
Now that I’ve shown you why you need a Cricut Explore let me show you everything you need to get crafting so you will be ready to go when you open the box.
The Cricut Explore is the newest member of the Provocraft family and it is amazing! It will cut anything from fabric to thick cardboard. It can draw or cut out images you printed on your printer! Let’s just say those science and social studies projects just got a whole lot easier! So here are the basics of what you will need to get crafting on December 26th!
What you need to get when you buy a Cricut:
Cricut Explore™ – This amazing machine makes amazing, affordable DIY and craft projects. It will allow you to help with projects, make cards, party supplies, t-shirts and amazing home decor projects.Featuring Cut Smart™ technology, the Smart Set dial for easy material settings, and the ability to upload your own designs, it’s the easiest and most innovative design-and-cut system yet. Just hook it up to your computer and use Cricut Design Space, the free cloud-based software, to make and idea no matter how crazy a reality. Right now you can also get the Cricut Explore Bundles starting at just $269.99
The Cricut® Tools Basic Set – This set comes with five tools you will need from the start to get your projects off the mats after they are cut.
- Scissors with a micro-tip blade to provide precision cuts with all materials. Hardened stainless steel blades feature a removable blade cover.
- Tweezers and no these are not the kind you clean up your eyebrows with. These are designed with a reverse grip feature, enabling them to lift and secure in one step. It makes placing objects in straight lines much easier so your fingers dont get in the way and screw things up!
- A Scraper is custom designed to scrape and clean unwanted scraps from the Cricut® cutting mats, contributing to a longer lasting mat.
- A Spatula will precisely lift images from the Cricut cutting mat, preventing tearing and curling.
- A Weeder is perfect for removing tiny cuts, including negative pieces of vinyl and iron-on from the carrier sheet, or poking out tiny pieces from a cut cardstock image that you don’t want.
If you like to be really organized you can also buy the Cricut® Tools Organizer for your desk top.
Wireless Adapter – You can connect your Cricut Explore machine to your computer wirelessly with this Bluetooth Adapter so it doesn’t have to sit on your desk and you never have to move it. The Wireless Bluetooth Adapter can be paired with up to eight “host” devices (laptops, PCs, or tablets) at a time. Just imagine this means you can be downstairs with your kids on your tablet creating then cut it and get it later.
- The Bluetooth adapter lets you design on your computer or iPad and create your projects wirelessly with the Cricut Explore machine!
- Simply plug the adapter in to the utility port on your Cricut Explore, pair your device, and start cutting.
- Keeps crafting areas cord-free
- For Bluetooth-enabled Macs, PCs, and tablets. Compatible with Bluetooth 2.1+ EDR and iPad 2 and newer (iPad app required)
Cricut Explore Deep Cut Blade With Housing – The Cricut Explore Deep Cut Blade with it’s own housing makes it easy to cut a wider variety of materials for your projects. Construct personalized wall calendars from chipboard, use rubber sheets to cut your own stamps, or even make custom magnets. The Cricut Explore machine can cut most materials up to 1.5mm thickness with the Cricut Explore Deep Cut Blade, so you can cut heavy fabric, poster board, heavy cardstock, and more.
Cricut Cutting Mat Deluxe Set – includes the Cricut® Cutting Mat Variety 3 pack – and 1 of the 12×24 Cutting Mats – These mats have been customized to match the weight of commonly used crafting materials.
- The Standard Grip mat has been re-formulated for improved performance. It’s perfect for a wide range of medium-weight materials, including patterned paper, vinyl, iron-on, and cardstock. The 12 x 24 and one of the 12×12 mats are in this formula.
- Specially formulated for lightweight materials, the long-lasting Light Grip mat allows you to easily cut and remove common office printer paper, vellum, light cardstock, and more.
- The Strong Grip mat offers a strong hold surface perfect for heavyweight materials such as specialty cardstock, glitter cardstock, chipboard, and fabric with stiffener. It’s our longest lasting mat featuring double life adhesive technology
Now you know all about Cricut Explore and why you should have one so go out and buy it now or ask your special someone to put it under your tree.Oh and did I mention right now when you order anything from Cricut you Get free shipping with code: FREESHIP35 for any order over $35! It’s the perfect time to buy my favorite craft tool!