Print It Now!
Homemade Spaghetti Sauce
Yummy homemade spaghetti meat sauce, takes minutes to make for a healthy dinner.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
- 1 lb your choice ground beef, spicy or mild Italian sausage
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion diced
- 1 bell pepper diced
- 3 cloves or 2 teaspoons minced garlic.
- 1 28 oz can of diced tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1-2 15 oz cans tomato sauce depending on how saucy you want it.
- 2 tablespoons Italian seasoning
Turn the stove onto medium to medium high heat.
Brown your meat in the bottom of a stock pot or dutch oven.
Remove beef from pan and add the olive oil.
Add onions, stir for a minute or 2 and as they start to soften add the bell pepper.
Stir for another 2 minutes then add in the garlic.
Keep stirring so it does not brown.
Once the onions and peppers are limp put in your dices tomatoes, tomato paste, tomato sauce and Italian seasoning.
Throw in your browned meat and stir together.
Let simmer for 20 minutes or more.
If you like a sweeter sauce use a red, yellow or orange bell pepper. If not use a green.
If you sauce is too acidic you may add 1/2 teaspoon of sugar to balance it out.