Print It Now!
Baked Fontina Dip
A melted cheese dip served with baguette slices for dipping.
- 1 1/2 pounds ItalianÂ FontinaÂ cheese rind removed and 1-inch-diced
- 1/4 cup goodÂ olive oil
- 6 garlic cloves thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary leaves
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 crusty FrenchÂ baguette
Preheat the broiler and position the oven rack 5 inches from the heat.
Distribute the cubes of Fontina evenly in a 12-inch cast-iron pan.
DrizzleÂ with the olive oil.
Combine the garlic,Â thyme, andÂ rosemaryÂ and sprinkle it over the cheese and olive oil.
Sprinkle with salt and pepper and place the pan under the broiler for 6 minutes, until theÂ cheeseÂ is melted and bubbling and starts to brown.
Serve the baked Fontina family-style-right out of the oven in the cast-iron pan with crusty chunks of bread for everyone to dip