Print It Now!
A yummy easy jambalaya that is great for a crowd
- 2 boxes Zatarain's jambalaya mix
- 1 cup additional white rice
- 1 cup water plus the water asked for on the boxes
- 1 14-16 oz can tomato sauce
- 1 1/2 lb cajun sausage
- 1 lg green bell pepper chopped
- 1 lg onion chopped
- 1/2 stalk celery chopped
- 1 lb medium shrimp peeled and deveined
Chop veggies and cook in stockpot just to release juices.
Add water and sausage.
Bring to a Boil.
Add all rice, box mix, & tomato sauce.
Follow box directions to finish cooking rice.
Add shrimp w/ 5-10 min to go and a little salt if needed.
Put in a crock pot to keep warm for a crowd!
You can substitute cooked chicken for the shrimp