I love twice baked potatoes and this casserole is to die for! It was easy to throw together and a yummy side dish for weeknight meals or holidays! My friend Angelle Gave me this potato casserole recipe and I made it with some grilled chicken using my tropical pork marinade which is great on chicken too!
One of the most important things for this recipe is boiling your potatoes correctly. How to boil potatoes perfectly you ask? Most people boil the water first, but this will cause uneven cooking and a granular potato. Put the potatoes in salted water straight from the faucet then put on the stove at a high temperature. The potatoes temp will rise with the water temp giving you the perfect boiled potato.
Once your potatoes are cooked you just mix in cream cheese, sour cream, butter, bacon, cheese and a few other ingredients then bake! Top with more cheese and bacon and you have the perfect twice baked potato without having to do all that scooping in a potato skin!
Twice Baked Potato Casserole
- 8 medium potatoes peeled and cut into quarters
- 1/2 cup cream cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper optional
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese divided
- 8 slices bacon cooked, chopped, divided
- 1/2 bunch green onions sliced
- Place potatoes in a saucepan, and cover with salted water.
- Bring to a boil over med-high heat.
- Cook until tender, then drain well.
- Preheat oven to 375Â° degrees F.
- Put the cooked potatoes in your mixer and add cream cheese, sour cream, butter, milk, salt and pepper.
- Whip till smooth.
- Stir in 1 cup of the cheese and half the bacon.
- Spoon mixture evenly into a lightly oiled 3-quart casserole dish.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Top with remaining cheese, bacon and green onions.
- Bake for 5 more minutes to melt cheese. Serve this yummy twice baked potato casserole immediately!