Now that Spring has officially arrived, we're likely to see more and more fresh berries in the grocery stores and markets. This past weekend I was really craving fresh, flavorful berries like I always do this time of year. I was able to find some delicious strawberries, blueberries, and blackberries, which I turned into this delicious Triple Berry Smoothie Bowl!
I recently had a smoothie bowl when out for brunch a while back. It was completely delicious and decided I needed to make these at home. Smoothie bowls are pretty similar to a regular smoothie you might enjoy out of a glass. The only difference it that it's a bit thicker in consistency, to the point where you probably can't drink it with a straw, instead, it's best enjoyed with a spoon.
This smoothie is simple to make, and takes just minutes using your blender. It's great to whip up on mornings when you would like a healthy, delicious breakfast, but don't have a ton of time. I used the fresh berries in my smoothie, but you can definitely use frozen, which are available in the freezer section year-round, and often a bit more economical as well.
Here's the recipe for this easy, delicious Triple Berry Smoothie Bowl:
- 2/3 c. plain Greek yogurt
- 2/3 c. milk use whatever type you prefer
- 1 c. fresh or frozen berries strawberries, blueberries, blackberries
- 2 Tbsp. chia seeds optional
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- ice use if using fresh berries, omit if using frozen berries
- fresh berries
- In a blender, add the yogurt, milk, berries, chia seeds, honey and ice (if necessary). Blend until smooth. Smoothie will be thick. Top with additional berries and your favorite type of granola.
As you can see, this smoothie bowl is really easy to make. I topped my smoothie bowl with additional berries and a couple tablespoons of granola for a nice crunch.
I hope you get the chance to enjoy this smoothie bowl. It really is a great breakfast and a wonderful way to start your day with fresh, delicious flavors of spring!
If you liked this recipe, you'll definitely love some of these other healthy breakfast recipes at Delightful E Made: