Chorizo cheese dip recipe will make you the main event! It's spicy and creamy but not too gooey. It's that time everyone loves grilling season and this cheese dip can be made on the grill or on your stove top!
I make this straight on the grill, but you can make it on your stove top as well. We use a Wilton Armetale Gourmet Grillware Deep Dish Sizzle Skillet. It's made from 10 different metals and can withstand heat up to 1000 degrees.
It perfect to go from the grill or oven straight to the table and it holds the heat so my cheese dip stayed warm and melted. It won't rust like cast iron and it's easy to hand wash. Don't ever put it in the dishwasher or you will ruin the finish.
This man-pleasing cheese dip has a mixture of three cheeses, spicy chorizo sausage and beer in it so it's the perfect tailgate or football watching food. You can dip chunks of Cuban bread or tortilla chips into it to sop up all that cheesy goodness.
- 1 Tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 small finely minced white onion
- 1/2 large diced jalapeno seeded and deveined
- 6 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 1 pound chorizo sausage meat
- 4-5 Tablespoons flour
- 12 ounces Mexican beer reserve 2 ounces
- 2 cups whole milk
- 3/4 cup sharp cheddar cheese shredded
- 3/4 cup Swiss cheese shredded
- 3/4 cup smoked gouda cheese shredded
- 1 can original Rotel tomatoes drained
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon cilantro leaves coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3 teaspoons hot pepper sauce
- Heat your grill direct cooking at 400Âº or your stove on high.
- Place your pan on the cooking grill and add butter until melted.
- Add the onion, jalapeno and garlic, stir and cook for 2 minutes until soft.
- Crumble the sausage meat and add, stir and cook thoroughly until browned.
- Stir in the flour and cook for 1 minute to get rid of the taste.
- Whisk in 10 oz. of the beer until fully incorporated, then add the milk, and bring to a simmer.
- Add the cheeses a handful at a time and stir until melted.
- Stir in the Rotel, cilantro, Worcestershire and hot pepper sauce, bring back to a simmer and add the rest of the beer.
- Remove from the heat and serve with chips, bread cubes or tortillas