Strawberry Lemonade Cupcakes make the perfect Valentine treat! They are a little sweet and a little tart with perfect balance. These are also great for a summer time treat or picnic.
There is a secret trick, I learned from a good friend, to keep cupcakes moist. Make a glaze out of any juice, powdered sugar, water and a little oil. Then brush it on top of the cupcake once it is cooled. This will help seal in the moisture and keep your cupcakes soft for a few days. It will even allow you to wait a day to ice your cupcakes so you can get a head start on your baking.
Making homemade buttercream icing is really easy to make and makes your cupcakes taste homemade. For these strawberry lemonade cupcakes, I take a Ziplock bag, fill it with the icing and snip the corner off. I also double my cupcake wrappers in the baking pan so they look prettier on a platter. If you are serving these for Valentines print out these cupcake toppers and glue them to a toothpick to make them even more fun.
If you love cupcake recipes you might also want to try my Lemon Cupcakes with a Caramel Drizzle or these Banana Cupcakes with Strawberry Mascarpone Frosting.
- Duncan Hines Strawberry Cake Mix
- Box of Instant Vanilla Pudding
- 5 =6 Cups Powdered Sugar
- 2 Tbsp. Warm Water
- 2 Tbsp. Oil
- ? cup pink lemonade you can use regular lemonade if you want as well
- 2 8 oz packages of Cream Cheese Softened
- 1 Stick 1/2 cup Unsalted Butter Softened
- 1 tsp. Lemon Extract
- A dash of red food coloring
- Follow the instructions on the cake box and add 1 box of instant vanilla pudding into the mix.
- Scoop into cupcake wrappers in your muffin pan, use an ice cream scoop. It will assure consistent size.
- Once the cupcakes are cooled, mix together 2 C. of the powdered sugar, 2 tbsp. of warm water, 2 tbsp. of oil and ? C. of pink lemonade to make your glaze.
- Take a pastry or silicone brush and paint the glaze over the cupcakes. Make sure to cover the entire surface of the cupcake
- Cream together the cream cheese, butter. lemon extract and 3-4 cups of powdered sugar.
- Add a dash of red food coloring and adjust until you get the color you like.