This Sausage and White Bean Soup recipe was sponsored by Walmart Grocery the shopping experience and recipe are all mine. This soup is the perfect thing for a cold night to warm you from the inside out! I made it even easier by ordering my groceries online and picking them up curbside, so my grocery trip took less than minutes round trip.
This sausage and white bean soup is the perfect comfort food.
The chill is definitely in the air these days, and there is nothing better when it’s cold outside than making homemade soups. I’ve been so crazy busy lately that I’ve gotten lazy about going to the grocery store. The almost 2-hour trip to get there, shop, pay and get home just makes me want to procrastinate. I look up from my computer at 6:00 and realize there is no dinner in the house! I’ve recently notice Walmart’s Online Grocery Pickup but just never took the time to give it a try. Wow am I so thankful I did, it’s life changing!
First I downloaded the free Walmart Grocery App. Ordering was as easy as 1-2-3! Just put in your zipcode to find the closest one to your house. Schedule a pickup time and then shop! I will say I was a little afraid to have someone else pick out my produce items but when I picked everything up, I was pleasantly surprised to find they probably paid more attention to better lettuce than I did.
Here are the immediate benefits of using the Walmart Grocery App.
- I was able to shop in my pajamas the night before.
- I was able to go around my home and see what I needed for recipes or regular household supplies, so I don’t forget something.
- Price comparisons are much easier when you search for an item with the app than in the store which saved me money.
- I saved money by not being tempted to just add things to my cart because they looked like something I might use.
- My round trip to get my groceries took me less than 30 minutes which gave me back almost and hour and a half of my life!
- It’s FREE no upcharge or service charge so why wouldn’t you want to use it?
You get a one hour window to pick up your groceries and other items. All I had to do was pull up to one of the pickup parking spaces. I had enabled the apps location service which doesn’t tell the store where I am but how far away I am so they will know when I get there. I called the number on the sign, and they came right out with my order. You can see in my rearview mirror how overcast and cold it was so I was glad just to have to pop out of the car for a few seconds.
They had called me that morning about a few substitutions for some of the items that had been sold out, but luckily that was no problem. Then they loaded everything into my car for me and I was done! This is going to be a game changer over the holidays.
It’s seriously that simple. Now I had everything I needed to make this sausage and white bean soup for a yummy healthy dinner at home. I just became a #groceryhero and you can too by giving Walmart’s Online Grocery a try I promise you will LOVE IT!
Now just order your ingredients for this soup loaded with sausage, cannellini beans, and kale for a healthy dinner that will warm you just as much as your short trip to the grocery store did on a cold day! It’s got a little kick to it so if you want it milder for your kids you may want to make it with a mild sausage. When it’s done, I ladle it into bowls and top it with a little parsley and shaved parmesan cheese.
Bean Soup Recipe
- 3 T. olive oil
- 2 stalks celery cleaned and finely chopped
- 2 large carrots peeled and finely chopped
- 1 small white onion finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic peeled and finely chopped
- 1 pound spicy pork or Italian sausage crumbled
- 3 c. chicken or vegetable stock
- 2 t. oregano dried
- 2 t. rosemary dried
- 1 t. crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 cans 15 oz. cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can 15 oz. cannellini beans, pureed with liquid from can
- 3 large kale leaves tough stems removed and cut into bite-sized pieces
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ c. fresh parsley chopped
- Parmesan cheese shaved
- In a heavy bottomed pan, heat olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Add celery, carrots, onions, and garlic to pan and sauté until tender.
- Add crumbled bulk pork sausage to skillet and cook until no longer pink inside.
- Carefully drain excess fat from the pan before adding chicken or vegetable stock.
- Bring to a boil, and then reduce heat to medium-low.
- Add oregano, rosemary and crushed red pepper flakes.
- Add whole and pureed white beans to the pan.
- Cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add kale and simmer another 15-20 minutes.
- If soup is too thick, add more stock to thin. If it is too thin, continue cooking until desired consistency is reached.
- Garnish with chopped fresh parsley, shaved Parmesan cheese and serve with crusty Italian bread.