Slow cooker boeuf bourguignon tastes like you slaved over it for hours, but your Crock Pot does all of the hard work for you!
This post contains Affiliate Links which Contribute to running this blog and are for your convenience only.
This slow cooker boeuf bourguignon is a rich and hearty dinner, perfect for a fall or winter meal.
Enjoy this slow cooker boeuf bourguignon recipe!
- 4 lbs boneless beef chuck roast trimmed and cut into 1 1/2â? cubes have the butcher do it for you
- 6 slices of bacon minced then cooked to get the bacon drippings if you have 1/4 cup of bacon grease you can use that
- 3/4 bag of frozen onion or 1 cup diced fresh
- 10 baby carrots cut into small pieces or 1 medium carrot
- 1/4 cup of tomato paste or a 8oz can of reduced can of tomato sauce
- 3 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon dry thyme
- 1/3 cup all purpose flour
- 2 cups Pinot Noir
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken stock
- 1/2 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 package of frozen pearl onions or 1 1/2 cups fresh
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 cartons of baby bella mushrooms cut into quarters
- Season the beef with Salt and Pepper and put it in your slow cooker.
- Cook bacon in a skillet until crisp and remove from pan.
- Using the bacon grease still in the pan, saute diced onion,carrots, tomato paste, garlic and thyme until the onions are unfrozen and soft.
- Add the flour and stir for 1 minute to get rid of the flour taste.
- Stir in 1 cup of wine and get all the browned bits off the bottom of the pan.
- Pour into the slow cooker. (Don't worry about room for the rest of the ingredients. This will cook down enough to add the other stuff later)
- Pour in broth, soy sauce and bay leaves.
- Cover and cook for 9-10 hours on low.
- About 30 minutes before it's done, put your pearl onions, water, butter and sugar in a pan and saute until the onions are soft.
- Pour in 1 cup of wine and reduce.
- Throw in the mushrooms and saute about 10 minutes.
- Throw it all in the slow cooker and let it cook for about 15 more minutes.
Serve over mashed potatoes with a nice glass of wine and you will be happy happy!
If you are looking for some other great slow cooker recipes, you can get them all by clicking here.