The other night by husband and I decided to make wings at home. They were so easy to make and these Serrano Chili Grilled Chicken Wings were his concoction. When we were first married I dubbed him “Chef No-Tellin” because there was not telling what he would come out of the kitchen with when you just let him go! Not complaining though, over the years I’ve definitely benefitted from his experiments in the kitchen! And I have to say, it’s nice having a hubby that can cook and loves to grill. It’s a pretty nice arrangement!
We made four types of wings that night – a nice mix of flavors that has a little something for everyone, even the picky eaters in the family! From a more traditional buttered buffalo wing to these, the Serrano Pepper Wings you have the perfect combo for just about any occasion. And you can totally serve all four varieties at your next tailgate.
The hubby and I love spicy food so he took Moore’s Buffalo sauce and added a few things to it to make it even hotter. These are perfect served with blue cheese or ranch dressing to cool the heat a bit. Don’t forget the traditional wing sides too – crunchy celery and carrot sticks. With the heat you might need a little relief between bites! Oh and don’t forget plenty of napkins and your favorite beverage. You’ll need them. These wings are saucy and spicy and down right delicious.
Serrano Chili Grilled Buffalo Wings
A hot and spicy wing served best with blue cheese or ranch dressing
- 10-15 Chicken Wings
- 2 tbsp. BBQ Rub
- 1/2 of a Serrano Chili cut into rings
- 4 oz. of Moore's Buffalo Sauce
- 1/2 tsp. of Ground Cayenne Pepper
- 1 tsp. Hot Sauce
- 1/4 tsp. Red Pepper Flakes
- Put your wings in a bowl or zip top bag and sprinkle with BBQ Rub to coat the wings.
- Set aside.
- In another zip top bag mix together the Serrano chili, buffalo sauce, cayenne, hot sauce and red pepper flakes. squish to mix together.
- Grill wings for 10-15 minutes on each side or until done
- Put into the bag of sauce, close and shake or squish around to coat wings.
Some of the other recipes are not hot so if you have kids they will love the other flavors (especially the honey BBQ wings…I’ve never met a kid that didn’t like those!). I can’t wait to make these again during football season! There is also a link below for how we cooked these on the Big Green Egg.