Popcorn Shrimp Sliders with a grilled pineapple salsa and sriracha mayonnaise are a quick summertime meal, and kids love them! You may think this looks like a lot of work but it only takes a few minutes to put these together, and they are easily portable.
SeaPak asked me to come up with a recipe featuring their shrimp, and I wanted to make something that was easy to take to the pool or park. Summer may be a time to relax and slow down, but this summer both my boys decided to be on our neighborhood swim team. In addition to daily team practice we've had two swim meets every week and while it may be easier to buy that burger or dog at the concession stand I get tired of them. These shrimp sliders were just the ticket.
After an exhausting day of swimming and sun, no one wants to eat something heavy and seafood is the perfect thing for a day like that in addition, I'm able to get my kids to eat more seafood this way and it' good for them. I can make these seafood sliders in less than 20 minutes and easily transport them to the pool. I use SeaPak Popcorn Shrimp they are the perfect size for sliders, and I just bake them in the oven. While they bake, I grill the pineapple for my pineapple salsa on the stove with a grill pan to bring out the naturally sweet flavor of the pineapple.
I dice it up and add it to my Authentic Pico de Gayo recipe. I also took mayonnaise and added a little sriracha to it to give these shrimp sliders a little kick. If you kids don't like spicy foods just use plain mayonnaise instead.
You may want to toast your slider buns a bit, so they don't get soggy from the mayonnaise if you are taking them somewhere. To make these shrimp sliders with grilled pineapple salsa and sriracha mayonnaise just grab your bun and put on the mayo then the salsa, so it sticks to the mayo and doesn't fall off. Lastly, top with a generous portion of popcorn shrimp, I put about five or six on each slider. That's it then serve and eat or place them in a plastic container to take to the pool or park.
Shrimp Sliders with Pineapple Salsa and Sriracha Mayonnaise Recipe
- 1 box SeaPak Popcorn Shrimp
- 1 recipe or container of pico de gallo
- 6 1/4 inch thick pineapple rings grilled
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2-3 teaspoons sriracha sauce
- slider buns
- Bake SeaPak Shrimp according to the directions on the box.
- Spray non stick spray on a grill or stove top and grill pineapple rings for 2-3 minutes on each side until they caramelize a little and have grill marks.
- Dice pineapple and add to the pico de gallo.
- Remove shrimp from oven.
- Lightly toast slider buns
- Mix together mayonnaise and sriracha and spread the mixture on the bottom of each slider bun.
- Top with salsa and 5 to 6 popcorn shrimp.