I can remember watching mom grind the chicken with her mixer. It was really loud. I have not had her chicken salad for years so when I got a grinder attachment for my KitchenAid for Christmas I knew what I wanted to make first! I used the course disk on my grinder to get the right consistency.
Once your meat is ground you must add it to the other ingredients and mix it up. I use my hands at this point because it is faster and I think it does a better job.
I've enjoy my homemade chicken salad by itself, on sandwich bread or like I did here with melted cheese on a toasted english muffin. This chicken salad is perfect for showers and teas. It has a smooth consistency with all the flavor and fits perfectly on a cracker, in a piece of endive or on a crostini.
- 3 Large Chicken Breast's
- 1-2 Tablespoons of any all purpose seasoning I used Trader Joe's 21 Seasoning Blend
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 12 Stalks celery finely chopped
- 10 oz. Jar of sweetened pickle relish
- 1/2 cup of Dukes Mayonnaise you can use more or less depending on your preference
- 6 oz. Bag Pecan Halves
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Put chicken in a oven safe dish and drizzle olive oil on top.
- Shake Seasoning on each breast and bake until they reach 160 degrees about 30 minutes.
- While they cool chop up your celery and drain your pickle relish and put into a bowl.
- Chop your nuts into small pieces.
- Once cooled put your chicken breast through a meat grinder and add to the bowl
- Add the mayonnaise and stir together
What is one of your Mom's recipes that you remember from your childhood you want to make yourself?
© 2013 Miss Information. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.