It always seems that no matter how much I plan ahead for holiday giving with my sugar scrubs, bath salts and seasoning mixes, there’s always still a few more things I need to make at the last minute. It seems like just yesterday was Thanksgiving and now Christmas is next week!
Instead of scrambling for quick gifts at the store this year, I’m whipping up some pretty milk chocolate Christmas bark.
I enjoy making holiday bark recipes for my friends and family because it’s easy and you can dress it up however you like. This milk chocolate bark has just three ingredients and can be made in just a few minutes – plus chilling time, of course. This is especially fun for the kids to help with – just take care as the chocolate can be very hot and can burn the skin.
The formula is simple, choose your flavor/color of candy melts for the base, then add in your toppings from sprinkles to peppermints, coconut or nuts to customize it to your recipient’s tastes.
Milk Chocolate Christmas Bark
Candy Bark made with Christmas candies can be made with any candy for any season or holiday
- 1 bag milk chocolate candy melts
- Red and green holiday candies
- White sugar pearls
- Place a piece of parchment paper on a cookie sheet and set aside.
- Add the candy melts to a medium microwave-safe bowl and heat per the instructions on the bag.
- Using a spatula, stir the chocolate until it is smooth.
- Pour the chocolate onto the parchment paper, use the spatula to scrape down the bowl, and spread the chocolate on the sheet so it is about 1/4-inch thick.
- Sprinkle the candies and pearls over the chocolate.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour until solid.
- Using your hands, break the chocolate into pieces. (You can use a knife and cut it if you'd prefer.)
It's always better to heat your chocolate a little less and put it back in then to overheat it - once that happens it will never be smooth and you'll have to toss it
I’ve also included these cute labels you can print out. Just package your milk chocolate Christmas bark in festive bags or pretty containers and gift away!