There are many great recipes that are perfect and light, like this crock pot chicken recipe. It's got tangy artichokes, sweet onion, and refreshing lemon. Do you use your slow cooker only in the fall and winter? Shame on you! It's perfect to use in the summer when you want to be spending time outdoors at the pool or playing with your kids.
This post contains affiliate links that make money to help support this blogs expenses at no extra cost to you.
Recently I was in the market for a new slow cooker. The ceramic crock in my old one cracked. I reached out to my followers on Facebook and asked for recommendations. I then did some investigation online and in stores. I found the perfect answer to all my needs in the Ninja 3-in-1 Cooking System. If you want to learn more about what I found to be the good and bad of the Ninja you can check it out here.
Ok so back to this yummy crock pot chicken recipe. It's really easy because you layer all the goodies on the bottom and you can place a whole chicken, chicken breasts or parts on top. Sprinkle on some salt and pepper and then squeeze your lemon on top.
All this goodness layered together creates a light and flavorful chicken that is super juicy. It melts in your mouth. You can serve it with rice and a salad or any other side dish you wish.
Here's How to Make this Lemon Artichoke Crock Pot Chicken Recipe:
Layers of artichokes, onions, lemon and chicken make a light and perfect summer slow cooker recipe.
- 1 jar of marinated artichoke hearts
- 1 sweet onion cut in Slices
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 2 Lemons
- 1 whole chicken 4 boneless chicken breasts, or bone-in chicken parts
- In the bottom of your slow cooker empty the jar of artichoke hearts - juice and all
- Layer in the onion and garlic and squeeze one lemon over them.
- Pour in the wine
- Place the chicken on top and sprinkle with salt and pepper
- Squeeze your second lemon over the top of the chicken
- Cook for 6 hours on low or 4 hours on high