Pie in a jar is so easy to transport or give as a gift. These apple blueberry layered pies are perfect for any time of year, but you can change out the flavors of the filling for any season.
This post contains affiliate links for your convenience. I do get compensated if you make a purchase
at no extra cost to you so I can to bring you more great recipes and tips.
I am using 16 oz. jars for these apple and blueberry mason jar pies. I used store-bought filling and crust, but if you want to make them homemade, you can make my easy Crockpot Apple Pie Filling.
Making Pie in a Jar is easy here’s how.
Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees. Using the inside cover of your mason jar as a guide, place it the pie crust and cut around it with a knife. You will need three circles per jar. I used two pie crusts to make four pies. If you want, you can take the leftovers and make these pie crust dippers with them.
Place one round of dough into the bottom of your jar and spoon in 1/4 of a can of blueberry pie filling onto it.
Place another circle of pie filling on top. If you prefer a really crispy crust, you can bake the middle layer in the oven for 10-15 minutes before placing it in the mason jar. If it breaks when you place the cooked pie crust in the jar, don’t sweat it because you are going to cover it with more filling.
Layer on 1/4 of a can of apple pie filling, if you are using homemade, it’s 5 oz.
Layer on your 3rd circle of pie crust on top and cut a cross in it with a knife. If you love cinnamon and sugar, you can mix two parts sugar with one part cinnamon and sprinkle it on top.
Bake in the oven for 30-45 minutes until the filling is bubbly, and the top crust is golden brown. Top with ice cream and serve or put the top on to give as a gift or take with you.
Wrap a little raffia around the lid of your pie in a jar to dress it up.
- 2 store-bought Pillsbury refrigerated or homemade pie crusts
- 1 20 oz can each blueberry and apple Comstock pie filling
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- vanilla ice cream
- Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Using the inside top of a mason jar lid as a guide cut 3 circles of pie filling out per jar.
- Place the first crust in the bottom of the jar.
- Spoon 1/4 of a can or 5 oz. homemade blueberry pie filling in the bottom of the jar.
- Layer another circle of pie crust on top.
- Spoon 1/4 of a can or 5 oz. homemade apple pie filling on top.
- Put the 3rd layer of pie crust on top and cut a cross in it with a knife.
- Mix the sugar and cinnamon in a bowl and sprinkle on top.
- Place jars on a cookie sheet and place in the oven.
- Cook for 30-45 minutes, until the top crust is browned, and the pie filling is bubbly.
- Serve topped with ice cream.
Check out my desserts page for more yummy dessert ideas! And for more ideas for using these mason jars make this amazing Whipped Lemon Salt Scrub!