This is so seriously easy you will kick yourself for not doing it sooner! Just make sure you have a HUGE stock pot to make it in. I have a few stock pots, but I usually use this 20 qt Stock Pot because it's really hefty and not thin on the bottom. I like to buy a big bird!
This makes a huge amount so just put it in zip lock bags and freeze it for later!
- 1 turkey carcass
- 3 ribs celery cut into 4" pieces
- 2 medium onions quartered
- 4 qts water or enough to cover the carcass
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon black peppercorns
- 4 bay leaves
- Place the turkey carcass in the stock pot
- Add the rest of the ingredients and make sure there is enough water to cover the carcass.
- Bring to a boil and then reduce the heat to Medium and simmer uncovered for 2 hours
- Remove from the heat and skim any fat that rises to the surface
- Strain out and pick out the turkey meat as well as pick any that is still on the carcass to make Turkey soup or Gumbo