A few tips for making the perfect fudge recipe
Before putting your fudge in the pan line it with parchment paper coming up the sides and extending past the rim of the pan by at least 1″ on 2 of the sides. This makes lifting it out of the pan once it's solid easy. It will also be easier to cut once it's out of the pan.
When melting the chocolate on the stove top stir it constantly to prevent it from burning.
Before cutting run your knife under hot water and it will cut through the fudge cleaner and easier. Just wipe it off with a paper towel between cuts for cleaner neater fudge squares.
This smore fudge recipe is so good I promise it won't last long so stash yourself a few pieces where no one else can find them if you want to.
This fudge is really great to give as a Christmas gift. Just put it in a little container with some wax paper and tie a bow around it. I always like to include the recipe with it in case they want to make it themselves later.
- 2 cups more than one package
- Semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 1 to 1 1/2 cups marshmallows
- 20 graham crackers
- 6 teaspoons butter melted
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a 9 inch square dish with parchment paper so that the parchment comes up the sides about 1 inch higher than the rim of your baking dish.
- Crush your Graham crackers in a bag, blender, or food processor until fine.
- Mix the graham cracker crumbs with melted butter then press into the bottom of the parchment lined pan.
- Place in the oven for 12-14 minutes.
- Remove and allow the crust to cool for about 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle the marshmallows on top of the crust.
- In a medium sized sauce pot on medium to medium low pour in the chocolate chips, sweetened condensed milk, salt and vanilla extract.
- Stir continuously to prevent burning the chocolate until completely melted.
- Pour the melted mixture over the marshmallows and gram cracker crust and spread it out.
- Place the fudge into a refrigerator until cooled and solid about 30 minutes.
- Cut into 1-2" squares.
Pull out of the pan by lifting the parchment paper. Cut into pieces and share!