Green chili breakfast casserole is a delicious, hearty breakfast, perfect for a weekend brunch or holiday get together!
My friend Jen made this amazing green chili breakfast casserole recipe one morning when we were having a girls lake house weekend, and I knew I had to share with you this yummy egg breakfast casserole recipe!
I could have eaten the whole pan clean! However. I was with a bunch of skinny chicks that wanted to do Zumba and work out on a girls weekend, so I controlled myself! I don't do exercise on a regular day, much less on a girls weekend. It's a sacrifice but someone has to make them look good! (wink wink)
Indulge a little on the weekends every once in a while, then make up for it by eating a healthy, black bean avocado salad for lunch.
This casserole can be made ahead of time and refrigerated as well. When you're ready to eat it, just pull it out of the oven, cover with foil and reheat at 325 degrees. Serve as is, or with some red or green tomatillo salsa. You can also change up the cheeses in it. Jen uses Monterey Jack, but I forgot it when I went to the store, so I used mild cheddar.
This green chili breakfast casserole recipe is too good NOT to make!
- 1 stick 1/2 cup butter melted
- 10 eggs
- 2 egg whites
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 8-oz cans diced green chiles
- 1 quart 4 cups cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup mascarpone cheese
- 1 lb shredded mild cheddar
- 1/4 tsp each Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400Â°F.
- Melt butter and pour 1/4 cup or half into the bottom of a 9x13 baking dish
- Beat eggs and egg whites in a large bowl or mixer.
- Stir in flour, baking powder, chiles with juice, all cheeses, salt, and pepper.
- Mix well.
- Pour egg mixture into baking pan.
- Pour remaining butter evenly over the top.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 350Â°F and bake 35 to 40 minutes or until casserole is set.