This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Martin’s Famous Potato Rolls and Bread. All opinions are 100% mine.
This crab cakes slider is full of crab and served on a soft buttery bun with spicy remoulade sauce.
There are just a few things that are very important when it comes to seafood recipes. Just like with lobster rolls you have to do things right when making a crab cake recipe or it’s just no good! First, don’t skimp on the seafood. Crab cakes are not crab cakes if they’re mostly bread crumbs. I make my breadcrumbs, and it’s super easy. Just take whatever bread you like most and lightly toast it, I used Martin’s Potato Bread. Put it in a blender or food processor and pulse it a few times and voila you have bread crumbs. The second important thing in a seafood recipe is the bread, and you have to have GREAT bread for these crab cake sliders. Nothing stale or hard but soft, light, and flavorful. I love Martin’s Potato Rolls, and we use them not only for our crab cake sliders, but my kids love them with ham, cheese, and mayo in their lunch boxes! Martin’s Sliced Potato Rolls are pre-sliced so no mistakes, cut hands, or frustration. They are soft with just the right amount of density and a sweet buttery taste. Martin’s makes all of their products without GMO’s, high fructose corn syrup, artificial dyes, or ADA so they are fresh and taste homemade. Martin’s asked me to come up with a recipe since I like them so much to promote their Martin’s Makes Waves summer program. These crab cakes are perfect for summer when there is an abundance of fresh seafood available, and they are light and easily portable. I like a little spice, so I serve my crab cakes with remoulade sauce, but you can also use tarter sauce if you prefer and some lettuce. These are so simple and if you don’t want to use my crab cake recipe feel free to buy them ready made at your local grocery store or seafood shop!
“GIVEAWAY TIME!!! Martin’s wants YOU to be able to host a special “Martin’s Makes Waves” party with all of your friends and family this summer! They’re giving away a fully-sponsored Martin’s summertime party to one of my lucky readers! To automatically be entered in the giveaway, just leave a comment below! I will randomly select a winner on June 17th!”
- 1 large egg beaten
- 1/2 cup light mayonnaise
- 1 tbs. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbs. Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp. hot sauce
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1 pound cooked jumbo lump crab meat picked over for shells
- 1/4 cup canola oil optional
- remoulade or tartar sauce
- Martin's Sliced Potato Rolls
- In a bowl, whisk together egg, mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, Worcestershire and hot sauce until well blended.
- In a separate bowl, toss together the crabmeat and bread crumbs. Gently fold in the wet ingredients. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Using an ice cream scoop take a scoop of the crab mixture and mold it into a patty about 1 1/2 thick.
- If frying - In a large skillet, heat the oil to medium.
- Add the crab cakes and cook until deeply golden and heated through, about 3 minutes per side.
- If baking - Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place crab cakes on an oiled cookie sheet and bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Place on slider rolls with remoulade or tartar sauce and lettuce.