Biscuits and Gravy Casserole is an amazing mix of biscuits, sausage, eggs, cheese, and country gravy in one perfect dish. It will make any Southerner proud!
This biscuits and gravy breakfast casserole is light and fluffy, honestly, it's just right.
The biscuits come out airy and browned. It has everything you want in a southern breakfast including fluffy eggs, sausage, and creamy country gravy. It's a southern breakfast in one dish and it might just make you want to become a southerner if you're not!
I use pre-cooked sausage crumbles from Jimmy Dean to save time but you can cook up a roll of sausage first if you wish. I use my favorite kitchen shears
to cut up the biscuits and it takes me about 10 minutes to throw this breakfast casserole together.
I make this biscuit and gravy casserole with Pioneer Brand Country Gravy Mix, it is the best country gravy mix I have found. I prefer the peppered variety but if you don't like a lot of pepper just go with the original.
Biscuits and Gravy Casserole with Sausage
Biscuits and Gravy Casserole
- 1 package of sausage your choice
- 1 package of Pioneer Brand Peppered Sausage Country Gravy Mix or Regular Country Gravy Mix
- 1 cup Cheddar Cheese
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 tsp Salt and Pepper
- 1 16 oz. can Pillsbury Grands Biscuits
- Preheat oven to 350 degree's.
- Take a 9×13 pan and spray it with non-stick cooking spray.
- Cut each biscuit into 4 pieces and line bottom of pan.
- Brown the sausage and scatter over biscuits.
- Sprinkle with Cheddar Cheese.
- Whisk eggs and milk with a pinch of salt and pepper and pour it over the biscuits and cheese.
- Make Gravy mix per package directions and drizzle onto the casserole.
- Bake in the oven for about 30-45 minutes.
Please visit my breakfast recipe page for more yummy morning dishes and if you are a big fan of southern recipes you might also want to try The Best Way to Cook Grits in the Slow Cooker and Slow Cooker Collard Greens.
Update on this recipe from Miss Information Reader Lee – Just wanted to let everyone know that this delicious biscuits and gravy casserole recipe freezes amazingly. I’ve had it in the freezer for a little over a week and it comes out almost exactly like it was fresh if cooked on 1 lb defrost in the microwave. Of course, reheating this in the microwave is going to make the biscuit part drier than it was when it was fresh, but it doesn’t change the consistency of the recipe enough that it’s not still amazing. I’ve got the casserole cut up into bar-sized portions and I would recommend putting a portion in the refrigerator overnight to avoid having to heat it up in the microwave for so long or perhaps to cook it covered on the stove top on low setting.