- 8 cups Cornbread follow the directions on the box
- 1 cup of crumbles Honey Wheat or White Bread crust removed and left out overnight or dried in the oven on 250 degrees for 5 to 10 minutes you want it to feel dry or stale but not toasted.
- 8 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/2 cups diced celery
- 1 1/2 cups Vidalia onion diced
- 3-4 cups of Homemade Turkey Stock or Low Sodium Chicken Broth
- 1 1/2 teaspoon each salt and pepper
- 3 eggs beaten
- 1 teaspoon sage
- 1 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
In a LARGE bowl break apart the cornbread and tear up the bread.
Sprinkle in the Salt, Pepper, Sage and Poultry Seasoning.
Melt the butter in a sautÃ© pan and cook the onion and celery till limp and transparent.
Pour over the cornbread mixture along with chicken stock. Mix it with your hands. Just dig in, yes itâ??s gooey and squishy but it is necessary to mix it well and break up all the bread.
Taste it to see if you want to add more seasonings, if not add the eggs.
Pour into a 9x13 greased casserole dish and bake on 350 degrees for about 45 minutes until it has a crust on top and is lightly browned.
If you are looking for other great Thanksgiving recipes check out Miss Information's Complete Guide to Thanksgiving.