This chocolate chip caramel apple dip is the bomb. I am always in need of something quick I can whip up and take to a party. My husband said he had to leave the house or he would eat the entire bowl. It takes five minutes to put together and get out the door.
There are times when life is so busy you can't get it all together then hark your child or husband says , “Oh BTW we need to take a dessert to (insert your thing here).” An easy cream cheese dip is your answer, my friends. This dip has some of my favorite flavors chocolate and caramel. You could even add some chopped up nuts and it would taste like a snicker bar! The best thing about this dip is that kids and adults both love it! They won't be able to stop eating it, it truly is addictive. I've made this chocolate chip caramel apple dip for holidays like Halloween, watching football games in the fall, or to take to the pool in the summer. It's truly versatile. Two quick tips if you forget to leave your cream cheese out to soften like I did just but it in your mixer at high speed, beat it then walk away for about 10 minutes and it will soften up quicker! Also, don't mix in the chips with your mixer just blend them in with a spatula before you scrape it into a bowl. If you don't your mixer will be bouncing all over the counter. (Yes I did learn this the hard way)We dip apples and graham crackers in it but for a kids party, you could use teddy grahams, marshmallows or any other favorite fruit.
- 1 8 oz. package of softened cream cheese
- 1 1. oz. container cool whip topping
- 1/2 cup caramel ice cream topping
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 ½ cups mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Beat together cream cheese, cool whip, vanilla, and caramel ice cream topping in a mixer until smooth.
- Add powdered sugar and blend well.
- Fold in mini chocolate chips.
- Spoon into a bowl and drizzle a little of the caramel on top if you wish.
- Serve with fruit or graham crackers for dipping.
You might also want to try this cheesecake dip with pie crust dippers for a little something different when you have more time!