- 1/2 cup 1 stick unsalted butter, coarsely chopped
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate chips
- 11/4 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon masa harina
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Starbucks Via flavor of your choice
- 3 large eggs plus 1 egg yolk at room temperature
- 1/4 cup milk
- 11/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Pie Crust of your choice homemade or store bought
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Melt butter and chocolate chips in a double broiler and set aside to cool.
Mix next 4 ingredients in a separate bowl.
Mix eggs, milk and vanilla together and then combine with the dry ingredients and then the chocolate
Pour in a pre-baked pie crust.
Bake on the middle oven rack for 40-50 minutes.
Cool for an hour once you pull it out of the oven before cutting so it can set.
Serve room temp or refrigerated.