We have a group of 5 families that for many years traveled to the beach or to a state park for Spring Break every year. This was before we had multiple children each and busy schedules. These were such good times with such good friends and I do miss it. One year we went to Crooked River State Park which is close to the Ga./Fla. border. It over looks the marsh and has lot's of beautiful spanish moss hanging from the trees. We rented the cabins there and one night when we were grilling out for dinner Wendy make this as an appetizer. ( sorry this isn't the best pic but this was before I became a blogger and thought about what I was shooting!)
Her husband is an avid hunter and he made his with a dear loin. It was wonderful and not at all gamey. I have also make it with a pork loin instead of a pork roast, which I prefer, but this makes more of a dinner than an appetizer.
- 1 Pork Roast or Pork Loin
- 2 Jalapenos Roasted Peeled and Chopped
- 1 Block of Cream Cheese
- 8-10 pieces of bacon
- Butterfly the roast or loin.
- Spread the Cream Cheese on the inside of the pork
- Sprinkle your roasted jalapenoâ??s all over.
- Start on one side and roll it up into a log.
- Wrap slices of bacon around the loin and secure with tooth picks.
- Grill until the pork reaches 160 degrees, let rest for 10 minutes so it reaches an internal temp of 165 degrees.
- Pull your toothpicks out and slice it into pinwheels. Serve with a salad or potatoes if you are having it for a main course.
© 2013 Miss Information. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.