This summer we visited our best friends in Orlando. They took us to a great little restaurant called The Laughing Buffalo. For dessert I had these amazing Bacon Chocolate Chip Cookies and knew I had to make them at home. These are perfect for the man in your life. They are soft with crispy bits of bacon and it’s not just the bacon that makes them good. I pumped the waitress for the real secret.
Most chocolate chip cookies are made with butter and oil but these are infused with the grease and fat from the bacon which really gives them a richer bacon flavor that is, surprisingly, not at all overwhelming. Salt and sweet are a combination I love and if you love it too these are the perfect cookie for you.
Bacon Chocolate Chip Cookies
A salty and sweet cookie that is perfect for the man in your life!
Servings: 24 -36
- 1 lb Bacon - Reserve 1/2 cup of the bacon grease
- 1/2 cup of coconut oil
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- Cook your bacon until crispy.
- Reserve 1/2 cup of bacon grease and put it in your mixing bowl.
- When bacon cools crumble or chop 1 cup.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat together the bacon grease, coconut oil, and sugar until smooth and creamy.
- Add the vanilla, baking soda, eggs and cornstarch one at a time and beat well after each addition.
- Add flower and mix until combined, do not over beat it.
- Add chocolate chips and crumbled bacon, stir to combine.
- Scoop the dough using a spoon or medium cookie scoop onto parchment lined baking sheets.
- Sprinkle a tiny bit of salt on the top of each one.
- Bake for 15 minutes until browned and remove to a cooling rack.