Recently we went to the birthday party for Matthew’s best friend Leslie. It was a Minnie Mouse Birthday Party and she is lucky enough to have some wonderful Aunts who decked out a family members pool for the event. These women thought of EVERYTHING. When we pulled up to the house Minnie was there to guide us to the Party, where I had the most amazing spaghetti salad ever!
The pool was decked out in pink and white, let me show you all the great decorations. They used dollar store table cloths under the deck to make a draped canopy.
This is a Happy Birthday Banner they made with tulle ribbon and Minnie heads.
I had to throw in this picture of the most docile sweet dog ever, hiding like a little kid under the table. I think he was hoping for someone to drop him something.
The main course, cheese burgers shaped like Mickey’s Head. She used a Cookie Cutter to make these.
The desserts were cupcakes and cookies. These unbelievable cookies were made by a local teacher.
So here is the recipe for the spaghetti salad. It was light and really flavorful and perfect with burgers and baked beans. You could even add some shrimp to it and make it a meal.
A Minnie Mouse Birthday and Spaghetti Salad
Course: Side Dish
- 1 box angel hair pasta
- Whishbone Italian Dressing the small bottle
- Mc Cormick Salad Seasoning
- Red Onion diced
- Bell Pepper diced
- Cherry Tomatoes cut in half
- Boil the noodles and drain .
- Put the noodles in a bowl and pour on 3/4 to all of the Italian dressing.
- Sprinkle on 4 tablespoons of the salad seasoning
- Toss together
- Taste, you may add more seasoning or dressing
- Put in the fridge to cool, (it is best to do it overnight or cook your noodles in the morning and put in the fridge all day.)
- Toss in your veggies and you are done.
You can sub veggies with anything you have on hand as well
There was one more surprise at this party. The couple that owns the house has a sweet spot for the wild animals that roam the neighborhood so they toss out feed for the deer. These deer hung out the entire party, in the back yard, it was amazing to watch and be this close. When one would run off, Matthew would ask where the reindeer were going, that one has Christmas on the brain 24/7.
© 2012Miss Information. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.