We have a few friends from Cuba, and my friend Diana once made her Cuban sandwiches for me and the hubby when we were going on a road trip. We stopped as a state park and had a little picnic. They were fantastic and once I got back she taught me how to make them. one day she was saying she wanted to make them with real pork instead of pork from the deli so this is what I came up with to solve the problem.
There are 2 steps to this sandwich the first involves the following
- A Crock-pot
- 1 bottle of Mojo – any brand will do but I love Goya the best
- a 4-6 lb Boston Pork Butt
Put your Boston Butt in the crock-pot and pour the bottle of Mojo over it. Cook on low 6-8 hours. The smell in your house will drive you cray cray as my 9 year old says. Once it’s done though it’s time to build this sandwich.
For the final step in the sandwich you will need the following
- A panini press or a brick wrapped in tinfoil with a frying pan
- Sandwich Sliced Pickles
- Swiss Cheese
- Sliced Black Forest Ham from the deli
- Dijon Mustard
- a second bottle of Mojo
- Cuban Bread (if you are near a Publix they sell this, if you can’t find it use Italian)
- Your pork roast from the Crock-pot shredded with 2 forks
First take your bread and slice it through the middle and brush the bread with Mojo.
Then put Dijon on one side and mayo on the other and spread. Next put a piece of Swiss cheese on both sides. then layer the rest of your ingredients 2 pieces of ham,pork, and pickles.
Put your sandwich together and place it in your panini press or in a pan with the brick on top to flatten it and melt all that cheese. It will make the bread nice and crusty. Serve with a side of Mojo for dipping.
So I am going to share a little secret with you, I am not really a pickle person so when I made mine I substitute hot pepper rings in mine and it is soooooooooooooooo good! Give either a try I promise you won’t be disappointed!
Linked up at
© YOUR COPYRIGHT YEAR(S) Miss Information. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
The following two tabs change content below.
I love to cook, drink wine and craft. I live in Georgia with my husband and 2 sons. My goal this year is to become a better photographer and spend more time with my boys,
Latest posts by Kelley Wilson (see all)
- Brown Sugar Coconut Oil Scrub - March 6, 2014
- Slow Cooker Giveaway and My Favorite Slow Cooker Recipes - March 4, 2014
- Kitchen Gadgets – Deals and Steals Starting March 2nd - March 2, 2014